Temple Beth Sholom is an egalitarian conservative congregation affiliated with the United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism and the Synagogue Council of Massachusetts. Founded in 1885, our congregation has a rich, vibrant tradition cultivated for more than 125 years by dedicated spiritual leaders, caring support staff and active congregants.
It is the mission of Temple Beth Sholom to create and provide a dynamic, family friendly, caring, and spiritually rich environment for its members, to cultivate and strengthen the bonds of understanding of our Jewish heritage and to foster meaningful connections for Jewish learning, celebration, social activities, and community… to help build and sustain a vibrant Jewish community in Metrowest.
We do this by:
- Welcoming Jews of all backgrounds (ages, abilities, sexual and gender orientation) and interfaith families, and involving them in creating a sacred community;
- Encouraging the study of Torah as part of lifelong Jewish learning;
- Instilling Jewish values through our progressive religious school;
- Nurturing adults and families through formal and informal education;
- Pursuing social action and working for social justice, tikkun olam;
- Promoting support for Israel as part of our deep commitment to the people, land, and State of Israel