January 25, 2020, 9:30 am - 1:30 pm
Temple Beth Sholom
50 Pamela Road
Framingham, MA 01701
Add to iCal | Add to Google Calendar
Join us on Saturday, January 25th for a jam-packed morning with SholomPlex. There is something for everyone!!
Sanctuary Services 9:30-12:00
- Sanctuary Tefillah 9:30-10:30
- Our traditional morning service led by Cantorial Intern Jessica Silverberg
- Sanctuary Torah Service and Musaf 10:45-11:45
- Led by Paul Kaufman
- Torah reader Sarah Liberman
- Qabbalah Yoga 9:30-10:30
- Bring your yoga mats and comfortable clothing too. We are excited to have Allyson Steinmetz, a certified Yoga instructor, leading you in yoga and Jewish spiritual and ethical principals to deepen your connection to prayer. She will be joined by Rosanne Kates and Larry Yarmaloff.
- Taste of Torah 9:30-10:30
- The Women in the Fields and the Children at the Sea: Rabbinic Stories of Survival in Egypt led by Rabbi Allison Poirier
- There are several midrashim (rabbinic stories) of how the Israelite slave women found ways to avoid Pharaoh’s evil decrees and ensure the survival of their children. Years later, when these children saw God at the Parting of the Sea, they recognized God as the very same force that cared for them as infants.
- Soulful Singing 10:45-11:45
- Shiru Lo, Zamru Lo: Raising our Souls and Voices through Song
- Join Cantorial Intern Jessica Silverberg for an extra-musical Shabbat Shacharit service. Participants will be provided with song sheet and sit the round in order to create a circle of sound. We will use simple melodies to illuminate certain passages of the Shabbat liturgy; sometimes we’ll sing one sentence over and over, sometimes it will be one word. The service will feature music from contemporary Jewish musicians, including but not limited to Nava Tehila, Joey Weisenberg, and the Hadar Ensemble. Acoustic string and percussive instruments will be played.
- Teen Talk 10:45-11:45
- Led by Rabbi Allison Poirier
- A time for just teens and t’weens to have a discussion with Rabbi Poirier, covering different topics important to YOU.
Jewish Identity Discussion 9:30-11:30
- Coffee and Nosh 9:30-10:00
- Discussion with Esther Kosofsky 10:00-11:30
Religious School 9:30-11:45
- Grades Kindergarten through 6
Tot Shabbat 9:30-10:30
- Led by Elyse Pincus
- Ages 3-6
- A special time for children and parents, ages 3-6, to sing some songs, play some games, have a snack and have some fun together
- Reservation is STRONGLY encouraged
- RSVP to email@example.com
Concluding Prayers and Announcements 11:45-12:00
- We come together as one community for the concluding prayers and announcements
Kiddush Luncheon 12:00-1:30
- A time for us to all meet together, schmooze, celebrate and share a tasty Kiddush Luncheon
- Luncheon provided by TBS Brotherhood and sponsored by SholomPlex